[mrtg] Re: Cisco 828 telnet problems...sorry for the off topic post...

Andreas Nolte anolte at ccietac.de
Thu Jan 24 15:43:47 MET 2002

Hi,

the best way is you connect via the web interface to your cisco 828. Then key in the enable password.
Type "conf t" and then "line vty 0 5". You can the configure the vty lines. Key in "password cisco".
Now you cann access the router via Telnet and you are prompted for a password (cisco).
I assume that the router runs an IOS.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Andreas

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:07:20 -0000
"Sawyer, David" <david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with a Cisco 828 router, I accessed the device via a web
> browser since then when I telnet to the device it's asking for a username
> prompt.
>
> I didn't configure a username when I set this up, so I'm guessing this was
> added when I used the web access.
>
> For the web access the username is 'cisco' and the password is the enable
> password, but this is not accepted for the telnet login.
>
> Again, I'm sorry for the off topic post but I know there are a few CCIE
> people who use this list and I'm hoping they could help.
>
> Other than that does anybody know of a Cisco forum that I can ask this
> question to?
>

> Waiting in anticipation...
>
> David Sawyer

> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
> only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
> must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
> Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
> is strictly prohibited.

Andreas Nolte
Email: anolte at ccietac.de