[mrtg] Re: Changing uptime-hostname

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Jan 28 13:58:30 MET 2002

The localhost.localdomain is what the DNS lookup for
that ip address detects.  I think you can change the
hostname in the mrtg.cfg or whatever you named the
configuration file.

Paul

>>> Eric Persson <eric at persson.tm> 01/28/02 07:54 AM >>>

Hi !

I just set up a mrtg on my webserver and it seems to work very nice.
However I have some customizations I would like to do.

The output can be found at:
http://www.egp.cx/mrtg/

A bit down the page this text appears:
"The statistics were last updated Monday, 28 January 2002 at 12:40,
at which time 'localhost.localdomain' had been up for 13:53:50."

Why does it say localhost.localdomain ? Can I change that? I tried
editing the /etc/hosts.conf and add another name as the first value for
127.0.0.1 but no change. Is it maybe in the response from the snmp
daemon?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks !
	Eric