[mrtg] Re: could you help me?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Jan 28 15:33:05 MET 2002

You can check out the following links for info on your devices:

http://www.cisco.com and search for MIB.  The MIB Toolkit usually
shows up at the top of the list.

http://www.somix.com is a good place to find just about anything
you wanted to know about OIDs on almost any device.

Once you've gotten used to it, try

http://www.micentral.com

They have a ton of MIBs as well.  Only problem is the interface is
somewhat clunky.  But, once you get used to it, MIBs and OIDs
are fairly easy to find.

Having said all that, I've been looking for a way to monitor signal
strength on a Aironet 340, but have been unsuccessful.  If anyone
has any ideas, let me know.  You can get the data real time with the
supplied software, but not from an OID.  Frustrating.

Although, I recently stumbled upon

http://www.emware.com/

Looks promising...

Paul

>>> "Dott. Andrea Riela" <ml at nesys.it> 01/28/02 09:22AM >>>

Hi folks,

I'm a new italian mrtg user. I would see the most important information
about my
Cisco 827 and Aironet 340 (such memory usage, cpu usage, temperature,
bandwidt in use, packets with errors, buffer and queue), but I don't now
how to do.
Could you help me?
I'm configured the mrtg.cfg to see the classical views for my Cisco 827. How
could I see informations about both my devices? and how could I add another
device, and so on ...?
then, how could I see differentes informations, such memory, cpu, ...?

Thanks for all
Best Regards
Andrea Riela