[mrtg] Re: peaks!!!

James Overbeck grendel at interq.ad.jp
Mon Jan 28 17:38:39 MET 2002

See attached. It looks at the highest single point on either input or
output, looks at the input and output points two steps away on either side,
and creates straight lines. Originally it only looked one step away on
either side, but I was finding peaks that covered more than one data point.
I should probably modify that bit as well, make it specifiable on the
command line.

Best regards,
James
Tokyo, Japan

Shahira Rasmy wrote:

> Dear All,
> i asked before for something to solve the problem on the sudden peaks occuring in the mrtg graphs,,
>
> The suggested solution was using a perl code called killspike.pl,,,
>
> But unfortunately,this code can't solve the problem as it needs a specified input value to limit the whole values 2 it if the exceeded this threshold..
>
> But,that's not what i need,,i need something to solve peaks problem that occur within the logical range of traffic,,,i.e. sometimes the mrtg give a very small reading followed by a very large peak (within the normal range),then the following values return very small which is completely unlogic...
>
> Do u have any suggestions or even explanation to this event??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shahira
>
> --

-- Type: application/x-tv-program-info