[mrtg] Re: Graphs show innacurate traffic. Monitoring on otherside of the link shows correct traffic.

Ivette Reategui reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Jul 3 20:55:19 MEST 2002

Thanks, Marc and David, for taking the time to think about this.

I found out what the problem was. We monitor several devices, each has
its own cfg file.  There is a mrtg.cfg file, which includes each
device's cfg file.  One of those devices was taken out of production.
So when mrtg polled it there was a "no response" message on each
interface.  This delayed the polls on the rest of the devices, which
caused inaccurate averages.

So that's the story.  Thanks.

- Ivette

>>> "Marc Bilodeau" <marc at somix.com> 07/03/02 10:05AM >>>
Are you trending the MIB-II InOctets and OutOctets? If so, maybe the
vendor has their own port counters in their enterprise mibs. Some
vendors use their own mibs over MIB-II standards. If you're not using
MIB-II OIDs, what OIDs are you using to measure traffic? What version
of
MRTG are you using?

Marc

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---|

http://www.somix.com/products/denika/

http://www.somix.com/products/ostivity/ |
|Somix Technologies,Inc.|  Logalot
http://www.somix.com/products/logalot/  |
|1293 Main St.          |

|Sanford, ME 04073      | MRTG Configuration Fragments
|
|                       | http://www.somix.com/software/mrtg/

|P: (207) 324-8805      |

|F: (207) 324-8683      | MIB Repository
|
|                       | http://www.somix.com/software/mibs/