[mrtg] Re: Question about monitoring laserjet printers

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 14:15:31 MEST 2002

> For the total pages you have to get rid of the "-" signs in
> the target.
> I guess you have to use the OID.

aha. yes, that appears to work.
weird. those names are defined in the mib file, so I had thought it would
work.

> To graph the errors there have to be errors. Unless you are getting
> erors every 5 minutes the graph will stay at 0.

oh, I see. I was thinking it would treat it as a counter.

> For both graphs I suggest you add the "perhour" option. By
> default MRTG
> calculates the rate per second, which will probably be all
> zeros in your
> case.

gotcha. thank you for the reply!

		chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS