[mrtg] Re: Problem w Cisco router and snmpv2

John Mulkerin jmulkerin at attbi.com
Mon Jul 15 04:35:54 MEST 2002

Just figured I'd document the fix so maybe other illiterates might not have
ask the question again.

Little suggested I run debug snmp packet on the router which I did.   It
showed teh router was sending a reply so I looked at the ipchains rules
(should have done that first!). I guess its nice to have a log all denials.
If I had that line I would have seen it in my logs.  Anyhow,needed to add an
ipchains rule allowing port 161 incoming to my mrtg server. I already had
one allowing outbound.

John