[mrtg] Re: How to read data accurately from Accton 3512A and 3524A??

Ming Fong Lei mlei94 at ms25.hinet.net
Fri Jul 19 15:17:44 MEST 2002

That's not quite it.

You can see the our measurements at http://ipserver.ee.ntu.edu.tw/data.html

Both of these are Accton Cheetah Hub 3524A with EM3560 agent installed.  I
did a test on the hub on the right to see what the problem is:

>From 1630 to 1700 hour, I was receiving several large files (3~4 Gb) from a
FTP outside our campus, the reading from my FTP client software is
~2800kbyte/s, however the reading from mrtg during this period of time is
only about 2300kbit/s.  Apparently there is something wrong which either the
agent itself or the MRTG program.  I've checked the data flow with the
software provided with the hub, and it is correct.  So it must be with the
way my MRTG is set up.

I am still a beginner, so the mrtg.cfg is still generated with cfgmaker with
no options, and I am really not familiar with most of the advanced options
provided in mrtg.  If anyone has any suggestions, please share it with me;
if anyone had any experience with this particular hub, I will be most
grateful if you can help me out, my local tech support for Accton have no
idea what I was talking about when I said "MRTG", quite a shock isn't it.

Ming Fong Lei
National Taiwan University
Graduate Institute of Communication Engineering
Phone: 2363-5251 # 525
Email: mlei94 at ms25.hinet.net