[mrtg] Re: Unknown option: logging

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jul 19 17:23:50 MEST 2002

That version is waaaaay outdated.  I think it's up to 2.9.18 or something.
Logging is not supported in the version you have.

You can probably find an rpm for .16 or .17 (or maybe even 18) on
rpmfind.net or ibiblio.com.

Paul

>>> "Samuel Krieg" <samuel.krieg at vtx.ch> 07/19/02 11:11AM >>>

Hi,

I'm using mrtg-2.9.6-6 from the redhat's rpm.

As mentionned in page
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/unix-guide.html
it is possible to use the --logging option.

But I always get a mail from cron with this line :

Unknown option: logging

Mmm What's happening ? Is the logging option really supported ? I hope
so...

Is mrtg rpm different than rpm source ?

If someone can logg mrtg actions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

PS: This is my first post in this mailing list. Be sure it won't be the last
one  ;-)  !

Samuel Krieg
samuel.krieg at vtx.ch