[mrtg] Re: atmmaker--new to perl

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Fri Jul 26 16:05:14 MEST 2002

> help ????
>
> i need to monitor a fore/marconi tnx-1100.
> the atmmaker found in the contrib directory of mrtg-2.9.17
> seems to be able to provide me with all the data that i need.
>
> however..
> when i try to run it i get the following;
>
> ----snip----
>
> Can't locate SNMP_Session.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

> not knowing perl, other than how to spell it, would it be possible to get a step by step.
> this would get me going and help me to begin to understand the language.

You need to locate the directory that SNMP_Session.pm is in - probably
in <mrtgroot>/lib/mrtg2 - and then at the top of the atmmaker script
specify it to perl with the -I switch like:

#! /opt/mrtprl/bin/perl -I/opt/mrtg/lib/mrtg2

Good luck with the atmmaker script - I've had some trouble with it
misreporting the speed of certain interfaces, but it generally
works beyond that.