[mrtg] rateup error messages

pharrison at icsa.net pharrison at icsa.net
Mon Jul 29 13:33:31 MEST 2002

Hello,

When attempting to run mrtg on an OpenBSD3.1/ sparc64 platform I receive
the following error messages.  I have also found at least two other
individuals with the same problem I am experiencing, but I was not able to
locate a workable ix in the mailing list archives.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2002-05/0379.html
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg16204.html

Rateup ERROR: /usr/local/bin/rateup found 172.19.1.254_2's log file was
corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1027941005.Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup could not read the
primary log file for 172.19.1.254_2
Rateup ERROR: /usr/local/bin/rateup found 172.19.1.254_2's log file was
corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1027940705.Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup The backup log file
for 172.19.1.254_2 was invalid as well
2002-07-29 07:13:51 -- WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router '172.19.1.254_2'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1

Any Assistance is Greatly Appreciated,

Patrick Harrison

Patrick M. Harrison, Senior Security Engineer
(703) 480-8613  Office,  911-Pat at icsa.net Pager.
TruSecure, 13650 Dulles Technology Dr. Suite 500, Herndon, VA  20171
http://www.trusecure.com pharrison at trusecure.com

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.