[mrtg] Re: Windows Help

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Tue Jul 30 20:07:11 MEST 2002

I use Performance Monitor to log the data to CSV, and use a script from Paul
Simmonson (http://www.wn.com.au/psimmo/ ) to extract the values from there
and in to something MRTG can use (the 4-line values described the
documentation).  That works for page file use, proc use and available
memory.  For disk space, I made my own script using VBScript that grabs the
total space and then space free, making a nice chart where the blue line
represents a portion of the green field.  It's pasted below if you are in
need. If you are running 2000, you should have cscript.exe already in your
path. You can call that script from the cfg file with something like this:
Target[server_diskC]: `cscript //nologo drivespace.vbs \\server\c$'

'Takes Command line argument for \\server\drive and gets total space, and
space free
'formatted for output to MRTG polling
'Eric Brander 7/26/02

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
CLA = objArgs.item(0)

If CLA > "" Then Call Showdriveinfo(CLA)

Sub ShowDriveInfo(drvPath)
   Dim fso, drv, s
   Set drv = fso.GetDrive(fso.GetDriveName(drvPath))
   wscript.echo drv.TotalSize / 1024000
   wscript.echo drv.FreeSpace / 1024000
   wscript.echo "0"
   wscript.echo "0"