[mrtg] Hi! WindowsNT 4.0 Error while trying mrtg-ping-probe

Richter, Falko falko.richter at trentis.com
Wed Jul 31 08:59:51 MEST 2002

Hi!

I used mrtg and the script provided by

http://pwo.de/
http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/
ftp://ftp.pwo.de/pub/pwo/mrtg/mrtg-ping-probe/

My prl installation is fresh new and also the mrtg version. The script
works fine on w2k and so on,
but on the nt machine it failed working while executing the
"mrtg-ping-probe" .
The execution of the ping.exe is successfully, but it does not calculate
the values.  I tryed the script and
mymodifications on w98 and w2k and all is fine, just on NT(which is
up.to.date.) it is not. This makes me think there is some
problem on the following line

if ($ping_output =~
m@(?:round-trip|rtt)(?:\s+\(ms\))?\s+min/avg/max(?:/(?:m|std)-?dev)?\s+=
\s+(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)/(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)/(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)@m) {

$pt{min} = $1; $pt{avg} = $2; $pt{max} = $3;

}

elsif ($ping_output =~
m@^\s+\w+\s+=\s+(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)ms,\s+\w+\s+=\s+(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)ms,\s+\w+\
s+=\s+(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)ms\s+$@m) {

# this should catch most windows locales

$pt{min} = $1; $pt{avg} = $3; $pt{max} = $2;

}

else {

unless ($Silent) {

print STDERR "${Prog_name}: ERROR: Could not find ping summary for
$host\n";

print STDERR "${Prog_name}: INFO: The output of the ping command
$ping{$Config{'osname'}} was:\n";

print STDERR "$ping_output\n";

}

}

because i recieve the else-error-messages.

May anyone plz be so kind to help me or has the problem already solved?

Regards Falko