[mrtg] Re: VOIP utilization

Richard Wheeler Richard at WheelerNetworkDesign.com
Fri Jun 7 06:18:31 MEST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Heath Deschenes [mailto:HDeschenes at oakley.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 9:14 PM
To: 'mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: [mrtg] VOIP utilization

Does anyone know of a way to monitor the VOIP traffic over a frame-relay
link?

I would like to graph how much traffic the voice calls are using. We are
able to identify the voice traffic using access-lists and traffic shaping,
so I thought that I might be able to graph it also.

Thank you,

Heath

Assuming a Cisco router, you should be using LLQ as the queuing strategy
applied using a service policy.  Using the QoS mib you can graph the offered
rate for each class of traffic.

Richard