[mrtg] FW: Day Graphs - How to show 12 hour not 24h

UFRGS_Juliano_Santos at Dell.com UFRGS_Juliano_Santos at Dell.com
Mon Jun 10 21:08:20 MEST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Bawidamann [mailto:rainer at bawidamann.de]
Sent: domingo, 9 de junho de 2002 16:17
To: UFRGS_Juliano_Santos at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Re: Day Graphs - How to show 12 hour not 24h

Hi Juliano!

> 	Some times the graphs show a maximum value for the incoming traffic
> in the legend, for example, but this maximum is not shown in the graph.

The maximum value shown is the maximum of the values measured, not the
maximum of the values displayed. The values displayed are the averages of
5 minute intervals: Even if you gather every 1 minute the resolution of
the graph gives ~5 minutes per pixel.

> 	So I would like to try to make the daily graph for a specific
> interface to be 12 hours long, instead of the normal 24 hours.  And check
if
> the problem is solved.

Use this:

graph*daily: -720m now 60

The first value is the time shown in the interval (see the rrdgraph
manpage for the syntax, -720m means 720 minutes; in fact it's the start
time for the graph and means 720m before end), 'now' is the end time, 60
the 'refresh' time, i.e. how long the graph is valid.

Rainer