[mrtg] Re: mrtg is not working

Sanjeev_Chaddha at mcginley.co.uk Sanjeev_Chaddha at mcginley.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 13:53:48 MEST 2002

Vipin,

Have you configured the following line?

RunAsDaemon: Yes

If you have that would explain why it keeps running.What I would suggest is
have a look in the working directory you have specified to view any HTML
files created.

Sanj

                      "Vipin Sharma"
                      <vipins7 at net4indi        To:       mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch, listar at list.ee.ethz.ch
                      a.com>                   cc:       listar at list.ee.ethz.ch
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [mrtg] mrtg is not working
                      mrtg-bounce at list.
                      ee.ethz.ch

                      17/06/02 13:36

Dear Sir,

I had followed all the instruction given on the site to install and
configure the mrtg on windows 98
(http://www.cruzio.com/~jeffl/mrtg/docs/w95mrtg.htm).
The problem i m facing
is that when i execute a command to create a cfg file it will not give
any
error ( C:\MRTG-2.9.17\bin>perl mrtg localhost.cfg) its keep on running.
if
i execute another instance of the same it gives me a error message given
below.

 [   (C:\MRTG-2.9.17\bin>perl mrtg localhost.cfg
ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile (localhost.cfg_l)
       aged 963 seconds is hanging around and I can't remove
       it because another process is still using it. at mrtg line 1257.

C:\MRTG-2.9.17\bin> ]

when i execute it 1st time it will create a file localhost.cfg_l of 11
bytes
and when i open it its having only numerical numbers (146120375). As perl
and snmp both are working properly. i had use the uptime.pl and its working
fine.

Regards

Vipin Sharma