[mrtg] MRTG, Indexmaker & RRD Logging

David Mitchell mitchelld at sunman.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 13:58:54 MEST 2002

I seem to have a problem with Indexmaker. I have just converted to using
RRDTool and when I generate the index pages with indexmaker the Graphs on
the summary pages do not include the cfg file name/path (they only include a
log= parameter). The CGI then looks for a default cfg file (14all.cfg) which
doesn't exist & so the graphs fail.  I have had a quick look at the
indexmaker code and at the point the HTML for the graphs is generated it
doesn't seem to be possible to find the cfg file that device was in.

I have 3 different MRTG instances running, each of which has a cfg file that
includes various device specific cfg files. (Eg wan.cfg has lines to include
wanheader.cfg, router1.cfg, router2.cfg)

Is there a way of working around this (preferably without having 3 versions
of 14all.cgi!)

Thanks
David Mitchell