[mrtg] Monitor Both CPU on Dual Processor LinuxBox

Cliff cliff at acsalaska.net
Tue Jun 25 16:21:39 MEST 2002

Hiya folks.

MRTG works fine when monitoring CPU usage if
box is not in dual processor mode.

When I switch the box to SMP mode, % idle drops to zero.

http://windmere.org/homenet/windmere/cpu_load/

(First graph on the page)
(Blue is idle - which dropped to zero when I enabled SMP mode.)

What do I need to change when I switch to SMP mode?
The MRTG config?
Or the snmpd daemon?

Anyone else sucessfully monitoring both CPUs using
one graph for each CPU?

Here's the relevant parts of the mrtg config:
(Works fine for monitoring the CPU when in 1 CPU mode)

#User vs. Idle
Title[User_vs_Idle]: User vs Idle CPU Load
PageTop[User_vs_Idle]: <H1>User vs. Idle CPU Load</H1>
Target[User_vs_Idle]: ssCpuRawUser.0&ssCpuRawIdle.0:public at 192.168.1.222
AbsMax[User_vs_Idle]: 100
MaxBytes1[User_vs_Idle]: 75
MaxBytes2[User_vs_Idle]: 50
Legend1[User_vs_Idle]: Avg. User CPU %