[mrtg] Re: How to correct wrong values in .rrd-files?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 6 12:32:51 MET 2002

Chris,
This is a known problem with recent versions of mrtg. The problem has been
corrected by the author and the fix will appear in the "pre2" release shortly.

The problem stems from mrtg missing an snmp poll for whatever reason. If a
poll is missed, the next successful poll will calculate the difference between
the new snmp counter (which can be a very large number) and the previous
value (which was incorrectly stored in the log file as zero from the missed
poll).