[mrtg] Non-integer mapping

Robert Gahl bgahl at fireclick.com
Wed Mar 6 19:41:00 MET 2002

I've installed and am monitoring the ucd-snmp MIB (I think I said this
correctly) on my Solaris boxes. I've been extending what I monitor to
include various and sundry things, and am now attempting to monitor the 5
minute and 15 minute load values of the machines.

I guess I didn't realize this originally, but it looks like MRTG only
graphs integer values (and load is usually reported from the MIB to two
decimal places).

Is the only way to get at that full accuracy is to multiply everything by
100 before graphing (such as using Factor)?

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
   ARPA/Internet: bgahl at fireclick.com    ||  !_ \
"If you're trying to be politically correct you're like a chameleon
in front of a mirror. What can you say that won't be offensive to
somebody?" Robin Williams