[mrtg] Re: Windows 2000 Server vs. Pro?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Mar 12 20:10:10 MET 2002

Yeah - linux.  Seriously, the learning curve is not that steep, and you
have far greater options than running on a Windows box.

If you only option is Windows, just make sure you have SCSI drives.

Paul

>>> "Chirhart, Brian" <bchirhart at fnni.com> 03/12/02 01:41PM >>>

Has anyone had experience running MRTG/RRD and Apache Server on Windows 2000
server and Professional?  Is there a performance difference between the two?
I am running MRTG and Apache currently on NT4 workstation and it seems to
run just fine - but we are looking at moving it to a server class box and
are wondering what we should use for the OS - Any insight would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks in advance -
Brian