[mrtg] Performing different math operation on two OIDs

Faruk Grozdanic faruk at frontierdev.com
Thu Mar 14 02:03:33 MET 2002

Hello,

I am trying to perform different math operations on the two OIDs that
are specified in the target field.

Options[xyz]: gauge
Target[xyz]: OID1 at router / 100&OID2 at router - 5
The syntax above does not seem to work

I am trying to graph two variables on the same but need to perform some
data  calculations on them first.

Target[xyz]: OID1&OID2 at router / 100 ...    -> this performs the same
math operation on both OIDs and works just fine but is not what I am
looking for.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to pass a static number in the
Target field to be graphed (it would generate a flat line at the value
specified on the graph). I know external scripts have this capability,
but when used MRTG only graphs the first variable.

Thank you

Faruk G.