[mrtg] Re: ntop --> MRTG

Luis Carlos Solano lsolano at racsa.co.cr
Fri Mar 15 18:37:56 MET 2002

spyguy703 wrote:

>Has anyone ever been able to pull data from NTOP and display in MRTG?
>If not, what do I need to do to accomplish this?

I don't have a tool to do that but, I hope I may help you.

If can create a script to pull the data you want to graph, you can use a
target like this:

Target[anything]: `/usr/bin/your.script.pl <your.arguments>`

For example, I use the mrtgping.pl http://www.lns.com/papers/mrtg/ by
Tim Pozar, and my target looks like

Target[mrtgping]: `/usr/bin/mrtgping.pl 10.0.0.1`

to graph the latency from the server tp 10.0.0.1

I hope this post is the beggining of your new script tp grab data from NTOP!

LC.