[mrtg] Re: CPU Utilization on Win2000

Niels Stoltze nis at connectpartner.dk
Mon Mar 18 14:16:45 MET 2002

Okay, let me summarize it all together...
Everything in the cfg-file is set as it is suppose to be. It doesn't
matter what program I try to poll the Server with, it still returns 3.
Sometimes 4.
Hmm, another little thing. I get this error when trying to poll the
server using MRTG:

SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.5)
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "192.168.1.6" [192.168.1.6].161
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 1756499618
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.5 ifOutOctets.5 sysUptime sysName on
public at 192.168.1.6

If I use my sniffer, I can't see the OID itself, as I have written it in
cfg-file. Instead it has been translated into
"1.3.6.1.2.1.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.5". This also matches
the interface part of the mib-2, which MRTG is complaining about. I
tried with another program, and here it wasn't translated. So, it must
be MRTG that translate it.

Off course, this doesn't explain, why I still always see 3 or 4 as the
result, when I _know_ that the utilization is higher...

Any suggestions?

/Stoltze