[mrtg] Re: Some Pointers Please

robert.harrowfield at axon.co.nz robert.harrowfield at axon.co.nz
Wed Mar 27 00:53:10 MET 2002

Hi Ronald,

When using standard MRTG, the graphs are generated via RATEUP.
When you use rrd, all MRTG does is update the RRD databases, you need
another application to do the graph generation - 14all is a good start. The
idea is that you only generate the graphs when required (to save processing
time), which is only when you view them.
see
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-rrd.html
for further explainations.

Cheers
Rob.

--
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL and may be exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.

If you read this message and are not the addressee you are notified that use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message. You should scan this message and any attached files for viruses.

Axon Computertime accepts no liability for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising from the use of this message or any attached file.