[mrtg] Re: Hopefully not so dumb questions...and yes i've read th e FAQ

Sawyer, David david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk
Tue May 7 15:38:56 MEST 2002

Problems with the config that I found are.

Every line is commented out with the hash.
The 'noi' will not display the first OID polled, change it to 'noo'.
MAXBYTES is only set to 100, this value should be set to the highest
possible value to graph.

The OID you are using is a counter type, are you sure you want GAUGE in the
options, I monitor errors and don't use GAUGE, but multiply the OID by the
polling interval in seconds to return the amount of errors within my polling
interval.

Target[errors]: OID1&OID2:commstr at 10.10.10.1  *  300

HTH
David Sawyer

Email: david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk

 www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon
   MRTG/RRDTool daemon for Windows9x/ME/2k
   MRTG GUI ConfigMaker for Windows9x/ME/2k
   TopTalker - See who the top talkers are on your network
   TFTP Cisco configs automagically