[mrtg] cfgmaker error

mm6 mm6 at bol.com.br
Fri May 10 21:11:33 MEST 2002

Hi,

I have a workstation Ultra10 Sun - Solaris 8 and I´m
trying to use MRTG-2.9.18pre10. I have installed all
required tools .
When I run cfgmaker Iget an error like this:

# /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
--base: Get Device Info on public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
Error:
  creating socket: No such file or directory
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line
400
SNMPGET Problem for public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker line 673
--base: Vendor Id:
--base: Populating confcache
--snpo: Skipping ifName scanning because
public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifDescr scanning because
public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ipAdEntIfIndex scanning because
public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifType scanning because
public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: does not seem to support it
--snpo: Skipping ifPhysAddress scanning because
public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: does not seem to support it
--base: Get Interface Info
--base: Walking ifIndex
Error:
  creating socket:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line
400
SNMPWALK Problem for public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/cfgmaker line 107
--base: Walking ifType

Does anyone Know what is the problem?
Thanks in advance,

MM - CAT/RR