[mrtg] Specific Port monitoring with MRTG possible?

Gabriel S. Hansen gabriel at vrmedialab.dk
Sun May 19 16:02:43 MEST 2002

Hi out there, revered MRTG users!

I have biig problems finding a way to monitor and keeping statistics of
traffic on specific ports of an interface

Is that at all possible?

I’m currently trying to gather detail information on the
incoming/outgoing/throughput traffic of Game Servers, using MRTG, but I
cannot see how to do traffic monitoring ONLY on specific ports!

I’m on a win XP machine, the game-server runs on win2k and linux, and I
think I can persuade a colleague on the same network to do the stats
from a Sun Solaris box, if necessary!

I’m interested in the following stats:

- Accumulated/total traffic in Mb’s or Gb’s a day/week/month/year for
Port XXXXX + port YYYYY

- Average traffic in Kb/s or Mb/s, as a graph pr. Day or Week for Port
XXXXX + Port YYYYY

TIA,

Gabriel

Gabriel Schønau Hansen