[mrtg] Re: CIR on MRTG

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue May 21 17:31:02 MEST 2002

If you are asking how to get the CIR value from a remote router via
snmp, the answer is the value is seldom available from most popular
routers in use today. For those routers that do support the mib
variable, the value in some cases is derived from manual router config
entries and not from the actual LMI, while other routers populate the
mib variable with zeros, etc.