[mrtg] Re: The Future of MRTG

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue May 21 20:54:12 MEST 2002

Today Jason Signalness wrote:

> I've been playing with 14all.cgi, and I got it to work just fine.
> But it got me to thinking about MRTG 3 and its rrd backend.
>
> Any idea when version 3 can be expected?  Will it have any new
> functionality such as graphing floating point or negative data?
> Or will it remain focused on router traffic graphing?  We use it
> for so much other stuff, I'm just curious.

mrtg 3 will use rrdtool as its backend ... the config language will
remain essentially the same, maybe with an optional new simpler
syntax added ... it will be able to generate graphs both in back as
well as in cgi mode ...

there is no time of availability specified ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland