[mrtg] Re: Top 10 Links

Justin M. Parker bluesman at pneumatek.net
Thu May 23 16:15:31 MEST 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Stefan Leemann wrote:
> We have around 150 links we want to monitor with MRTG. For the sysadmin it
> would be great if he could see a dynamic generated page with the most
> loaded links. Does anybody know something to generate this page?
>
> Thanks for feedback,
> Stefan

I assume you host these links/pages you are referring to. Webalizer
(http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/) may serve your purpose better... I
use it in incremental mode daily to view stats. A simple grep of your
log files for the links you want to monitor before processing would
get you targeted stats. As for doing this with MRTG, you could
write/use a counter to count each link and store a count in a flat
file or database, and then have MRTG grab the stats. You will probably
want to keep a running total, and then the total of hits since the
last cycle for MRTG to manipulate. Or you could process your log files
for the hits and do a count from there.

Hope this helps get you started,
-justin

--