[mrtg] Re: SNMP Version 3 and MRTG?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed May 29 03:56:43 MEST 2002

As far as I can tell, I don't think MRTG in it's
native format supports v3.  You could go to RRDTool
and roll your own front end.  I would venture a guess
that Tobi et al. are probably looking at what it would
take to support SNMP v3 in MRTG 3.  No date as to when
it's coming out, but there is no reason RRDTool with
a custom front end wouldn't support it now.

Paul

>>> David Raistrick <keen at wow.atlasta.net> 05/28/02 17:44 PM >>>

Hey folks...

I've done lots of searching and havent come up with anything helpful.

Anyone successfully gotten MRTG to talk to a snmpd that's only speaking
version 3?  Anyone have any config examples? (at least for the Target:)

The snmpd is net-snmp v5.0.1 (with v1 and v2 turned off.)

A working example of a walk command, though the -a MD5 is default.
snmpwalk -v 3 -u v3Username -l authPriv -a MD5 -A authPassword hostname

thanks...david

--
        David Raistrick
keen at atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html