[mrtg] Re: Continuous Threshold breaching

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Tue Nov 5 15:51:02 MET 2002

When a threshold is breeched, a file is placed in the threshdir directory.
You could delete that file after MRTG runs and the next run it will think
the breech is a new one.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Paul Vaillancourt [mailto:paulvail at surf.sno.laurentian.ca]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 05, 2002 8:13 AM
To:	mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject:	[mrtg] Continuous Threshold breaching

Hi,

I have an unexpected interval setting, and would like my threshold script to
run
every time the threshold is breached, that is, at every interval.

I know that by default, MRTG will only run your script once the threshold is

breached, but if the current values are always above the threshold, it won't

re-execute your script. I need MRTG to run my script EVERY time the
threshold is
breached.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks very much.