[mrtg] Re: error with mrtg and snmp

Don Harvie donharvie at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 6 11:06:55 MET 2002

Kent,

The default snmpd.conf with Redhat systems is very restrictive and will
only return the system portion of the mib you sent in your 2nd email. If
you haven't edited it already, You may need to change the access
controls that restrict what you can view in /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

I ran into the same problems with RH7.3

Look at the first section with the following keywords:

com2sec .........
group ........
access ........

HTH,