[mrtg] Re: Mrtg you have an E-Card from .

Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt glratt at rice.edu
Wed Nov 6 14:56:26 MET 2002

Just in case anyone's missed it -

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_FRIENDGRT.A&VSect=T

Don't download (or at least don't install) the FriendGreetings.com software.
Reports (as noted above) have been coming in that the software in question
includes provisions in a "license agreement" such that, in effect, when
you install the software, you've *authorized* the use of your computer to
spam everyone in your Outlook mailbox; there are as-yet unconfirmed
reports that it does some portscanning as well.

	-g

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Sharon Segal wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:51:48 +0200
> From: Sharon Segal <SharonSe at INFONET-IL.com>
> Subject: [mrtg] Mrtg you have an E-Card from .
>
> Greetings!
>
>  has sent you an E-Card -- a virtual postcard from FriendGreetings.com. You
> can pickup your E-Card at FriendGreetings.com by clicking on the link below.
>
> http://www.friend-cards.net/pickup/pickup.html?code=Mrtg&id=0611025
>
> Message:

				Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
				Rice University Network Management