[mrtg] Re: monitoring multiple interfaces

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 10:42:47 MET 2002

>I was wondering if anyone knows the best way for
>monitoring mulitiple interfaces on multiple routers.

The answer is in three stages.
1. creating configs
2. recording the data
3. Viewing the data

Personaly, I create the CFG file (CFGmaker or by hand, depending on size
and complexity) just the once, as my hardware does not change often.
I have just converted to a series of CFGs using the "include" statements,
rather than creating one big cfg.

If you have a lot to record, I would strongly recommend using RRD

For viewing, you can use Indexmaker, 14all.cgi or MRTG-RRD.cgi. I have just
converted to Routers2.cgi, and thinks that the layout of multiple
interfaces, under multiple routers, all from one web link, is excellent.

Regards
Peter