[mrtg] help reading MIB with SnmpWalk

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu Nov 7 15:15:23 MET 2002

I got a mib from Cisco called CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my.  I placed that file in
my mibs directory and run the following:

snmpwalk -m CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my a.b.c.d community_str
I also tried:
snmpwalk -m ..\path_to\CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my a.b.c.d community_str
and
snmpwalk -M ..\path_to\mibs_dir -m ..\path_to\CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my a.b.c.d
community_str
and
snmpwalk -M ..\path_to\mibs_dir -m CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my a.b.c.d
community_str

I also tried with some existing mib files, and with all cases got:

Cannot find module (CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my): At line 1 in (none)

Specifically I am looking for cpmCPUTotal5minRev on my cat 4006 so I can get
CPU utilization.  But I can't seem to get the mib to "work" to just walk it.
I really just want the OID anyway.  Can anyone offer a clue?

TIA,
Eric