[mrtg] strange behaviour of mrtg-rrd

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Fri Nov 8 20:23:38 MET 2002

Sorry, this is not exactly an MRTG question, but I don't know
where else to look for help.

I have noticed strange values being graphed by MRTG-RRD. After
hours of debugging, I found that the cause is that a graph which
should be graphed per-second has the "perminute" option turned
on without any explanation, so all the values are reported 60
times bigger than they should be. (Values inside the RRD are
correct, just the graphed/displayed values.)

The strange sequence of events amount to

   After running for a while, $targets{target1}{options}
      contains { 'gauge' => 1, 'noo' => 1, 'bits' => 1,
      'nopercent' => 1 }

   mrtg-rrd sets $targets{target2}{options}{perminute} = 1
   mrtg-rrd sets $targets{target2}{options}{dorelpercent} = 1

   $targets{target1}{options} now contains { 'gauge' => 1,
      'noo' => 1, 'dorelpercent' => 1, 'bits' => 1, 'perminute'
      => 1, 'nopercent' => 1 }

Has anyone seen this before (with mrtg-rrd, or perhaps mrtg
itself)? I would appreciate any help (or a point where to ask
this question) to solve this mysterious problem.

Best regards,

--
Ambrose Li  <a.c.li at ieee.org>
http://www.netwinder.org/~acli/  http://www.cccgt.org/