[mrtg] MRTG suddenly stopped working

Dan Tappin dan at wavefront.ca
Sun Nov 10 05:50:21 MET 2002

I had a MRTG config up and running monitoring CPU usage.  Here is my
MRTG v2.9.17 config file:

Target[cpu]:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.5.1&.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.5.1:public at freya.wavef
ront.ca
RouterUptime[cpu]: public at freya.wavefront.ca
MaxBytes[cpu]: 100
Title[cpu]: freya.wavefront.ca CPU Load
PageTop[cpu]: <H1>Total CPU Load %</H1>
Unscaled[cpu]: ymwd
ShortLegend[cpu]: %
YLegend[cpu]: CPU Utilization
Legend1[cpu]: CPU in % (Load)
LegendI[cpu]: CPU Load&nbsp;
Options[cpu]: growright,nopercent,nobanner,nolegend,noo
Colours[cpu]: RED#FF0000,RED#FF0000,RED#FF0000,RED#FF0000

I worked al day and now I am getting a flat line 0 plot.  The MRTG page
gets generated and the last update time shows that it's running.  I
have a disk usage config

Here is the corresponding snmpget result:

[freya:/var/log] tappind# snmpget freya.wavefront.ca public
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.5.1
enterprises.ucdavis.laTable.laEntry.laLoadInt.1 = 5

Is there any way to track this down?  is there a MRTG error log?

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Dan