[mrtg] Monitoring Interfaces on the same machine

Krishna Krishna_shekhar at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 12 14:26:35 MET 2002

Hi,
      I am using RedHat 7.1 running with Wireless cards. The server has two
wireless cards and one ethernet card. I have configured mrtg.cfg by
ipaddresses. But the graphs on the three interfaces are the same. This is
the configuration for MRTG and SNMP. I want to measure the traffic on the
interfaces

######## MRTG #########
WorkDir: /home/httpd/html/mrtg

##Wireless Interface- Connected to mango IT
Target[r1]: 2:public at 210.7.73.70
MaxBytes[r1]: 1250000
Title[r1]: Traffic Analysis for Wireless Interface - ETH1- ip 210.7.73.70
PageTop[r1]: <H1>Stats for Wireless Interface - ETH1 - ip 210.7.73.70 </H1>

##Ethernet Interface- Home Network
Target[r2]: 2:public at 192.168.2.45
MaxBytes[r2]: 1250000
Title[r2]: Traffic Analysis for Ethernet Interface - Home Network - IP -
192.168.2.45
PageTop[r2]: <H1>Stats for Home Network</H1

##Wiplash Wireless Interface
Target[r3]: 2:public at 192.168.1.42
  MaxBytes[r3]: 1250000
Title[r3]: Traffic Analysis for Wiplash Wireless - IP - 192.168.2.42
  PageTop[r3]: <H1>Stats for Wiplash Wireless</H1>
#####
SNMPD config file
#########
com2sec local   localhost       public
com2sec local   210.7.73.70     public
com2sec local   192.168.2.45    public
com2sec local   192.168.1.42    public
group   MyROGroup       v1      local
group   MyROGroup       v2c     local
group   MyROGroup       usm     local
view all included .1                                    80
access MyROGroup        ""      any     noauth  exact   all     none    none

Any help would be highly appreciated.

regards
Krishna

Krishna Shekhar
Network Administrator
Wiplash Wireless

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: text/plain