[mrtg] Re: Monitoring an HP Procurve 4000M

Naveen Sivenandan Naveen.Sivenandan at BTGroup.co.za
Fri Nov 15 08:15:32 MET 2002

Hi,

Thanx, actually we decided to reload the firmware last night as I never
thought it might actually stop me from creating a cfg file. Actually it
seems to have sorted itself out. I had to go back and reset all the SNMP,
admin users etc.Managed to get a config created thereafter.

Thanx for the suggestion..

Regards
Naveen

-----Original Message-----
From: King, John [mailto:JKing at SouthworthProducts.com]
Sent: 14 November 2002 02:48
To: 'Naveen Sivenandan'
Cc: 'mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: RE: [mrtg] Monitoring an HP Procurve 4000M

That seems weird.  cfgmaker worked fine for me.  I am monitoring a couple of
HP Procurve 4000M switches.  This was the cfgmaker line that I used for one
of them..

./cfgmaker growright --global 'WorkDir: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mrtg'
--output
/etc/mrtg/cfg/mrtgHP.cfg public at x.x.x.x

Could it be a firmware issue.  I know my switches are at least a few
firmware releases behind.  What did you get for errors?

	Good luck,
	 John