[mrtg] Re: mmonitoring individual IPs on CISCO 1720

Matt Walkowiak matt at inetdvd.com
Mon Nov 18 23:17:35 MET 2002

Simply put, there is no automatic way you can do this using MRTG.  All MRTG
does is send two numbers to a log file and calls rateup with takes that log
file and creates 4 graphs.  No magic.

So you job is to find a way to get the numbers you need.  If the router has
some way of giving you the numbers you need, then put those numbers into the
Target line of the .cfg and your graphs will be created.

I wish I could give you an idea on how to get the bandwidth from each IP,
but the only suggestion I would have would be to monitor the devices that
those IP's belong to.

Matt Walkowiak