[mrtg] MRTG Thresholds - Almost there

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Fri Nov 22 18:05:46 MET 2002

Wonder if anyone can assist me in finalising my threshold alerting under
mrtg.

I am running mrtg on a win2k platform and call a batch file that in turn
calls my perl script whenever a threshold is breached.  (Thanks to Paul
Vaillancourt for previously pointing out that you cannot call a perl script
directly under win32.)

If I run mrtg from DOS, the threshold alerting works fine.  However when
running as a service (under FireDaemon) no threshold alerts are ever
generated.  Could this be something to do with desktop interaction? I'm
guessing and clutching at straws so any help gratefully accepted.

Snips of relevant configs as follows:-

MRTG.CFG
=========
#--- Global Config Options
Workdir: C:\MRTG-Data\UKDC
Threshdir: C:\MRTG-Data\Threshold
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5
Target[x]: etc etc
ThreshMaxI[x]: 25600
ThreshProgI[x]: C:\MRTG\bin\threshold-over.bat

BATCH FILE