[mrtg] cfgmaker & interface speed of 0

Jan Räther jan.raether at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Nov 26 11:17:32 MET 2002

Hi there,

I'm running into a wall with this problem, maybe someone of you has a hint
for me:

I'm building a configuration for some Cisco Switches with the following
command:

/usr/bin/cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /var/www/mrtg/data/$switch_ip'
--global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' --output
/var/www/mrtg/config/$switch_ip.cfg --no-down --show-op-down
$snmp_community@$switch_ip

The problem is that severall interfaces of the switch are commented out in
the config-file, because "this interface has a speed of 0 which makes no
sense". So i have to edit the config-file afterwards by hand, because the
status of the interfaces change a lot. Is there a way to include any
interface, regardless of there speed, status, etc.? Maybe a way where MRTG
checks the MaxSpeed of the interface, ignoring the current speed and
inserting the MaxValues in the Configuration? This would save me a lot of
work.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

-----