[mrtg] Re: Error with new compile

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Nov 28 23:09:32 MET 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 08:12:08AM +1100, Peter Milburn wrote:

> when to do a fresh install on redhat 8. everything has compiled find.
> cfgmaker works, BUT I get this error when trying to run the mrtg it self
>
> Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x20,
> immediately after start byte 0xe2) at
> /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/locales_mrtg.pm line 4051.
>
> Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong ?

Yes.  Obviously you're not reading the MRTG mailing list.  This
is a big error.

If you would have done this, you would have read this message:
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg21141.html

Go ahead and call me an arse.  I'm sure I deserve it.  At least
*this* arse spends 5 seconds of his time searching google for
"mrtg redhat utf".