[mrtg] Help !!snmpwalk is working fine, but cfgmaker will got fa il information ??

fli at fareastone.com.tw fli at fareastone.com.tw
Fri Nov 29 11:29:45 MET 2002

Hello list:
i moved all my  mrtg cfgs form Redhat 6.0 + MRTG 2.8.12 to RedHat 7.1 + MRTG
2.9.6, all cfg is running fine, except
cfg for monitor Extreme  Alpine3808 - Version 6.2.2, i got

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "IDCSW02" [210.241.192.110].161)
                  community: "stargate"
                 request ID: 570314877
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifOutOctets.3002 ifInOctets.3002 on stargate at IDCSW02

It is working fine in old env, i also used snmpwalk to check status of
interface ifOutOctets and ifInOctets in new env., all of them is fine, i
think it might mrtg version issue, but  do anyone know how come  or how to
reslove it??

Frank Li
EMail:fli at fareastone.com.tw