[mrtg] Re: mrtg rpm upgrade

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Oct 3 06:41:56 MEST 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> I currently run mrtg 2.9.6-6 (installed by rpm package) on a redhat7.2 box
> with no problems.
>
> I would like to upgrade (using rpm -Uvh) to the 2.9.17-1 packages but have a
> quick question.
>
> Will i need to alter the config files after the upgrade?

Probably not, they're pretty backwards-compatible.  Some of the utilities
like cfgmaker have changed in terms of the default behavior but the basic
engine should be quite painless.

> If so how big an alteration is it?

Not significant.  The documentation is quite good.  And there's a friendly
mailing list if you get stuck.  Send Tobi a CD, he'll help you out.  :-)

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323