[mrtg] Re: Dell PowerConnect 3024 Switch

Darryl Kegg Darryl.kegg at thehortongroup.com
Tue Oct 8 22:39:05 MEST 2002

Robert,

	I am in the process of replacing all my PowerConnect 3024 switches
with Cisco Catalyst 3524 switches for a VOIP project.  Before that however,
I did make a few changes to the timeout and retries and have not had the
problems since then.  The key thing to the Dell switches is supplying the IP
address of the host that will be running MRTG otherwise the 3024 won't
respond to an SNMP requests, public or otherwise.

Let me know if you have any questions, I put together a configuration
document on setting up these switches for my network documentation and can
dig it up for you.

Thanks,

Darryl