[mrtg] Netgear RT314 Soho router support.

talyn at gmx.co.uk talyn at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 00:05:21 MEST 2002

Hello list,

I own a Netgear RT314 low-end consumer 4 port switch/nat/router box. I
understand that it's a Zyxel P314 OEM and that Netgear doesn't implement any
support for SNMP AT ALL in their ZyNOS based products. I recently came
across the newest Zyxel P314 firmware off their .jp FTP which does support
SNMP.

At fear of ending up with a dead NAT/PPPoE box and having to make do with a
bsd routing box + running a PPPoE client is too hideous to imagine :)

 I pose the question if anyone knows whether Netgear plans
 to implement SNMP support in specifically the RT314 (Zyxel Prestige 314),
 and more importantly whether someone has tried to flash the Zyxel firmware
 on the box...

 Essentially the same question as was posted by Andrew Davis, except for the
 Netgear RT314/other low end consumer Netgear ZyNOS based products.

 I'm obliged for any feedback, and Kudos! I've gazed many a time on the
 beautiful artwork of MRTG metrics. For anyone who's curious, MRTG runs
 exceedingly well on a Microsoft XP box via Activestate wperl.exe - give it
 whirl the next time you have a windowsy feeling :)

 Obliged,
Ms. Johanna Struensee