[mrtg] Re: FW: MIB for Cisco CPU/Backplane usage

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Oct 14 14:14:45 MEST 2002

From: Michael Bailey [mailto:michael at 67mustang.co.uk]
>Using the following for CPU utilization:
>
>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58

The Cisco Monolithic MIB is deprecated.  You should use the
CISCO-PROCESS-MIB instead.

>this works on IOS based switches/routers but not on CatOS 550x and 650x
>any ideas what I should use?

try cpmCPUTotal5secRev
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.6.x
You will need to walk the switch to figure out what instance x should be.
It was instance 9 on the three 6500's I tried at random. Ifr you have
moderately older code you might need to use cpmCPUTotal5sec instead.  My
5500's are running really old code and don't support the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB
at all - there is something in the CISCO-STACK-MIB as well, but I don't
recall it off the top of my head.

>Using the following for Backplane utilization:
>
>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.1.8
>
>this works on CatOS based switches but not on IOS 3548XL and 4006 any
>ideas what I should use?

The concept is meaningless on these platforms, since they are single-chip
non-blocking architectures.  There is no "bus" to measure.

Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX
Lan/Wan Integrator
Austin Energy
1.512.322.6739